Theory and Numerics of Differential Equations
3 – 6 October 2011
Department of Mathematics, University of Bari, ITALY
The main goal of this workshop is to bring together people working on the simulation of Differential Equations (DEs) arising from different application areas. The general purpose topic will hopefully provide a forum for researchers to share and discuss recent advances on the techniques used in the numerical treatment of DEs, thus fostering an exchange of ideas and collaborations.
– Luigi Brugnano, Department of Mathematics, University of Firenze, Italy.
– Kevin Burrage, University of Queensland, Australia.
– Jeff R. Cash, Imperial College, London, UK.
– Nicola Mastronardi, National Research Council of Italy (IAC-CNR), Bari.
– Karline Soetaert, Netherlands Institute of Ecology (NIOO-KNAW), Centre for Estuarine and Marine Ecology (NIOO-CEME), The Netherlands.
Sponsored by: Dipartimento di Matematica, Università di Bari, Italy, GNCS (Gruppo Nazionale per il Calcolo Scientifico),
Organizing Committee: P. Amodio, F. Iavernaro, F. Mazzia
Monday, October 3th , 2011 – AULA XI
15:25 – 15:30 Opening Address by Felice Iavernaro (Università di Bari)
15:30 – 16:30 Nicola Mastronardi (IAC-CNR, sez. Bari)
Tuesday, October 4th – AULA XI
15:30-16:30 Luigi Brugnano (Università di Firenze)
Wednesday, October 5th – AULA C Laboratorio
15:30-17:30 Karline Soetaert (Nederlands Instituut voor Ecologie )
Solving Differential Equations in R
17:30-18:30 Jeff R. Cash (Imperial College London)
Concluding Address and Perspectives